The Hatfield Marine Science Center (HMSC) has several types of shared spaces available for mission related activities. Shared spaces include meeting rooms, classrooms, labs, and an auditorium. Fees may apply.
The mission of the Hatfield Marine Science Center is to advance the mission of Oregon State University and its partner agencies though collaboration and innovation. As OSU’s campus for research, education, and outreach in marine and coastal sciences, and through its partnerships, HMSC improves scientific understanding of marine systems, coastal processes and resources, and applies this knowledge to social, economic, and environmental issues.
Academic programs for HMSC staff and students have priority use of all HMSC meeting rooms. Co-located partners (OSU, ODFW, USFWS, NOAA, MOP-P, USDA, USGS and EPA) may request rooms for mission-related activities on a space available basis. Occasionally meeting rooms may be rented by outside groups for mission-related activities with approval of the Director’s office.
To Book a Meeting Room:
- To find a room that best fits your needs, review the Descriptions and Photos of the various rooms to learn the layout, equipment, and capacity of each room.
- Next, review the Room Use Policies to ensure that our facility will meet your group's needs.
- View the room rental fees by clicking Room Costs on the menu to the right.
- Availability of each room on specific dates can be checked by using the Room Calendar. Open dates on the Room Calendar does NOT confirm the room is available to rent.
- To request a room, please submit the Room Request Form, also found on the menu. Room will not be booked without completion of the online Room Request Form. By submitting a Room Request Form, you agree to all Room Use Policies.
- You will receive either a confirmation or denial. Room requests are not considered guaranteed until you receive a final confirmation email.
Important Note: Hatfield Marine Science Center is located in a tsunami inundation area. In the event of an earthquake, a tsunami may be triggered and your group must reach an evacuation point within 15 minutes. The closest evacuation point is the high ground at the south base of the Yaquina Bay Bridge, about a 10 minute walk from HMSC. Thus it is strongly suggested that the organizers of any group using HMSC facilities brief their group on the HMSC evacuation plan at the start of their meeting. For more information please contact the HMSC Meeting Room Coordinator or check out the HMSC tsunami preparedness link.
HMSC Meeting Room Coordinator - Melody Pfister
Email: melody.pfister@ oregonstate.edu
Phone: (541) 867-0203
Room Reservation Form