This page serves as a portal to policies and procedures for requesting and using space at HMSC. Here you will find information to guide your space request, depending on who you are, what type of space you need, and for how long. You will also find links to the most current HMSC space use policies. If you have any questions, please contact the Research Facility Coordinator, Cinamon Moffett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Space Use Definitions:
HMSC has four distinct user groups-
- HMSC Resident: OSU faculty, staff, or students that are assigned to the HMSC campus full time and their main office and research space are located on the HMSC campus.
- HMSC Non-Resident: OSU faculty, staff, or students that utilize the HMSC campus but their main office and research space are located on the main OSU campus in Corvallis.
- HMSC Emeritus and Courtesy Faculty: OSU Emeritus and Courtesy Faculty utilizing the HMSC campus.
- HMSC Visitor: HMSC Visitors are HMSC non-resident or non-OSU faculty or students that need access to space on the HMSC campus seasonally, episodically, or for a one-time use for less than one year at a time.
HMSC has several different space types that may be allocated to a user group-
- Classrooms and Classroom Lab Space
- Lab (standard, shared, and touchdown)
- Meeting rooms
- Office/Desk Space
HMSC user groups may need to use a space type for various lengths of time-
- Hourly/Daily: Less than 72 hours
- Short-term Use: Less than one year
- Long-term Use: Greater than one year
To Request Space:
Space allocation forms and procedures for each user group based on proposed duration of use and room type are available at the links below. If you have any questions, contact the Research Facility Coordinator, Cinamon Moffett at email@example.com
Meeting room request
Short-term request for lab space
Short-term request for office/desk space
HMSC Resident requesting office space for incoming HMSC Visitor or Resident Student/Postdoc
Long-term request for lab or office space- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a long term space request to HMSC Director Bob Cowen.
** Please note: if any space is required to fulfill grant activities, the HMSC Director must sign off on the proposal before it is submitted to the grantor. Failure to do so will incur substantial risk of space not being available, even if the proposal is funded.
HMSC Space Policies:
HMSC Space Allocation Plan
Meeting Room Policies
HMSC Space Use Policies - coming soon