WHEN: Friday, February 2, 2018, 9:00-4:00, and/or
Monday, February 5, 2018, 9:00-4:00
*Both dates are full. Register as usual to be added to the wait list.
WHO: Lincoln County School District students ages 5-12
WHERE: Hatfield Marine Science Center
WHAT: Daylong hands-on marine science activities when there is no school. Each day will include games, crafts, experiments, and live animal interactions. See program details below.
Students will need to bring a sack lunch and snacks for the day. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Registration is $25.00 per student per day.
HOW: Register Here - Both dates are now full. Register as normal to be added to the waiting list.
*Our payment site shuts down on a monthly basis for updates. It will be unavailable Wednesday, December 13 and Wednesday, January 17. If you register on these dates just select the "Mail a Check" payment option. You can then either mail a check or login another day to pay by credit card.
||5-7 Year Olds
||8-12 Year Olds
Friday, February 2, 2018
- Sticky Science - Discover tide pool animal stickiness
- Story Time
- Float a Boat - Create and test your own boat
- Bird Beak Buffet
- Hermit Crab Lab
- Shark Riddle Film (or optional opt out activity)
- Assemble a Whale
- Squid Dissection & Printing
- Speedy Science - Crab Racing Experiment
- Waste Not, Want Not - Engineer bycatch reduction devices
- Shark Riddle Film (optional activity for opt out)
Monday, February 5, 2018
| - High or Low - Explore animals living at High & Low tide
- Story Time
- Incredible Journey - Make a bracelet as we learn about the water cycle
- The Biggest Gulp - All about whale feeding
| - Rocky Intertidal - Explore tide pool animals
- Marine Egineering
- ROV Challenge - Design, build, and test your own underwater robot!
For information and answers to your questions, contact:
Hatfield Marine Science Center
2030 SE Marine Science Dr
Newport, OR 97365
Want to be notified of all upcoming events? Subscribe to our newsletter.