“OSU, with its Land Grant mission of public service, is responsive to the needs of Oregon’s coastal communities. Research in diverse fields, from seafood technology to marine ecology and resource management, helps communities build long-term economic stability and maintain vibrant working waterfronts.“
Gil Sylvia, Director, Coastal Oregon Marine Experiment Station
Faculty researchers at OSU’s Hatfield Marine Science Center conduct cutting-edge research on:
- ocean and coastal ecosystems,
- other marine resource management issues, and
- geosciences including undersea earthquakes and volcanoes.
HMSC faculty hail from:
- 7 OSU Colleges,
- 4 interdisciplinary Centers and Institutes,
and collaborate with:
- 8 State and Federal agencies and laboratories
- multiple national and international universities.
For information about faculty scientists and their research areas, please follow the links below. Contact information for OSU faculty and staff based at HMSC can be found in our Faculty/Staff Directory.
For directories within HMSC's research programs and institutes:
For HMSC research faculty within OSU academic units, click on the following faculty webpages:
OSU Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
OSU Department of Zoology
OSU College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences