Below is a list of academic, emotional, psychological and physical health services and resources available to members of the Hatfield Marine Science Center community. This list includes services available in Newport and services based at the Corvallis campus available remotely to OSU community members based in Newport. Contact Sarah Lee with corrections, suggestions or assistance accessing any of the listed services.

OSU services offered remotely to the Newport campus

Lyra Health | | 877-235-7812

Lyra offers a full spectrum of care offerings, from preventive to severe. Lyra’s Care Navigator Team is available 24/7 via phone or live chat to answer any questions you have about starting care for yourself or someone in your family. Start by taking a short assessment to share what you’re experiencing. Based on your needs, Lyra will match you with confidential care options and compassionate providers.
Primary Audience: OSU Employees
Faculty/Staff | Temp Employees | Graduate Assistants | Postdocs | Fellows

Counseling and Psychological Services | | 541-737-2131

CAPS offers a variety of services, including workshops and training, individual and group counseling, support groups, events, and more. Many of these services are provided remotely, including counseling sessions, which can be provided virtually to students within the state of Oregon.
Primary Audience: OSU Students
Limited Services: Faculty/Staff | Postdocs | OSU Dependents | Housing Residents | Interns

Survivor Advocacy Resource Center | 541-737-2030

SARC is part of the Center for Advocacy, Prevention and Education. It offers free and confidential support to community members impacted by sexual harassment, including sexual assault, unwanted sexual experiences, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking. Services include information about survivor rights and choices, crisis intervention and stabilization, safety planning, support groups, on-campus advocacy related to academics and housing, information about reporting options, accompaniment to medical exams, police, or Title IX hearings and referrals to on and off-campus resources. Advocates can provide support in English and Spanish. Services are available by phone 24/7, and accompaniment services in Newport can be provided in person or by phone.
Audience: OSU Students | Faculty/Staff | Postdocs | OSU Dependents | Housing Residents | Interns

Student Care Team | (541) 737-8748 | Student Care Inquiry Form

The OSU Student Care Team addresses concerns about student behavior that may be distressing or disruptive to the integrity of the learning environment and the greater campus community.

Audience: OSU Students | Postdocs | Housing Residents | Interns | Faculty/Staff

Disability Access Services | (541) 737-4098

Available online or drop-in on the OSU main campus. Get real-time assistance from a DAS Adviser for a short (approximately 15-minute) individual discussion to answer questions or connect you with other resources. Drop-in availability via Zoom is Monday-Friday, 10:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.

Audience: OSU Students | Faculty/Staff | Postdocs | OSU Dependents | Housing Residents | Interns

Equal Opportunity Access | (541) 737-8232

EOA is responsible for overseeing compliance with civil rights and affirmative action laws, regulations and policies. They provide leadership, guidance and training in these key areas to promise and ensure equitable and inclusive environments for all Oregon State University community members. EOA serves as the University's Title IX and Americans with Disabilities Act/Section 504 coordinating office.

Audience: OSU Students | Faculty/Staff | Postdocs | OSU Dependents | Housing Residents | Interns

Basic Needs Center | | 541-737-3747

Success at OSU means knowing and using your resources. One helpful resource is the community of staff available at the Basic Needs Center (BNC) for support. Students can drop in during open hours and talk with a BNC student leader for resources, ideas, and strategies connected to basic needs and challenges. The BNC is often known for its food pantry but there are other resources connected to groceries and affording food often available and staff who can help you work through housing stressors. Undergraduate students living in Oregon are especially encouraged to explore SNAP (up to $236 in grocery money each month for eligible students) as a resource. Domestic undergraduate students living in Oregon are more likely than not to be eligible for SNAP, and BNC staff are skilled in helping students navigate this process.

Additionally, the BNC Textbook Lending Program offers students the opportunity to check out required textbooks for the academic term. The BNC also has resources to help students who are experiencing homelessness.

Audience: OSU Students


Services based in Newport

Housing | 541-867-0876

HMSC offers housing to anyone with official business at the HMSC campus. Official business includes but is not limited to academics, research, employment and internships. Space in campus housing is limited and is prioritized based on purpose and length of stay.
Audience: OSU Students | Faculty/Staff | Postdocs | Agency Partners | OCCC Students | Interns

HMSC Community Chat | MariAnna Hinojosa

We have created an HMSC Discord Community to provide opportunities to chat with other campus community members, organize events, and see announcements related to events and services on campus. Anyone can feel free to join. You will be added to specific channels that apply to you when you join the group. If you have requests or suggestions for additional channels, feel free to contact MariAnna Hinojosa.
Audience: OSU Students | Faculty/Staff | Postdocs | Agency Partners | Housing Residents

Newport Recreation Center | To receive passes, contact HMSC Housing

OSU student fees cover the cost for OSU students based at Hatfield to use the Newport Recreation Center at no additional cost. Students may collect passes from HMSC Housing and must present them to gain access to the Newport Recreation Center facilities. Other community members can access the Newport Recreation Center by paying standard entrance and use fees. *Please note that only students who have paid an incidental fee for that term qualify for Newport Rec Center passes.
Audience: OSU Students

Food Share of Lincoln County | | (541) 265-8578

Food Share helps connect Lincoln County residents with a variety of programs, including emergency food assistance, cooking classes, Head Start, mental health services, and more.

Audience: OSU Students | Faculty/Staff | Postdocs | Agency Partners | OCCC Students | Interns


Complaint and incident reporting procedures

Bias Incidents
Sexual Misconduct Incidents